Term & Conditions - Website use
This Company Internet Web Site Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between you and Kroll Ontrack, Inc. (“Company”) with a principal place of business at 9023 Columbine Rd. Eden Prairie, MN 55347.
- Use of the Ontrack Data Recovery Web site (the “Web Site”) signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions of use set forth below in the Agreement:
- You acknowledge that you have read the terms and conditions of use and that you accept the terms thereof. YOU AGREE TO READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE. If you are not satisfied with the Web Site or do not agree to these terms and conditions of use, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Web Site.
- Please note that in addition to these terms and conditions of this Agreement, supplementary terms and conditions may apply to your use of various portions of this site. Please review all notices and license agreements applicable to the portion of the Web Site you are using. In addition, Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time. By using the Web Site you agree to be bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to determine the then current Terms and Conditions of Use to which you are bound.
- Company may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Web Site at any time, including the availability of any Web Site feature, database, products or services, or Content (as defined below). Company may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Web Site without notice or liability. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Company reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including after an order has been submitted.
- Content on or comprising the Web Site, including, but not limited to, information, data, software, services, photographs, graphs, videos, sounds and other material (collectively “Content”) is protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents or other proprietary rights and these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media, and technologies existing now or hereinafter developed. All Content is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. Except where otherwise expressly noted, the Contents of the Web Site are only for your personal, non-commercial use. You will abide by any and all additional terms and conditions, copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content on the Web Site. You may download and make a copy of the Content and other downloadable items displayed on this Web Site for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal, non-commercial use is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission from Company or the copyright holder identified in the individual Contents copyright notice. It is strictly prohibited to modify, transmit, distribute, reuse, repost, “frame”, link or use content for public or commercial use without permission from an authorized Company representative.
- Any software that is made available for use via the Web Site or for download from the Web Site (Software) is the copyrighted work of Company and/or its suppliers. Use of the Software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement that accompanies, or is included with, the Software (“End User License Agreement”). You agree to comply fully with all laws and regulations of the United States and other countries (Export Laws) to assure that neither the Software, nor any direct products thereof are
- exported, directly or indirectly, in violation of Export Laws, or
- are used for any purpose prohibited by Export Laws, including, without limitation, nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons proliferation.
- You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold Company, and all its officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability and costs incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of your misuse of this Web Site including, without limitation, attorneys fees and costs. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defence of any claim. Company reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you shall not in any event settle any matter without the written consent of Company.
- The Web Site may contain links and pointers to the other related World Wide Web Internet sites, resources, and sponsors of the Web Site. Links to and from Web Site to other third party sites, maintained by third parties, do not constitute an endorsement by Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates of any third party resources, or their contents.
- Company does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed or distributed through the Web Site. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk. Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the Web Site.
- THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE WEB SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT ON THE WEB SITE OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY THE SOFTWARE USED ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE WEB SITE, FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES OR FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THE WEB SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE. FURTHER, COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE WEB SITE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY ERRORS CONTAINED THEREIN.
- THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS. SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE AN APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN THE STATE OF MINNESOTA.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Company and you with respect to your use of the Web Site. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of the Web Site must be commenced within one
- year after the claim or cause of action arises. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Company disclaims any and all responsibility for content contained in any third party materials provided through links from the Company Internet site.