What to do if you are the victim of Ransomware?
- Remain calm. Rash decisions could cause further data loss.
- Check your most-recent set of backups.
- Never pay the ransom because attackers may not unlock your data.
- Contact a specialist for advice and to explore recovery options.
Expert Ransomware data recovery
If it stores data, we can recover that data.
We recover data lost from Ransomware on any media type:
Hard Drive, Laptop, Desktop, Mobile, Server, SAN, NAS, Virtual
There are three main types of Ransomware:
- Scareware. The simplest form of Ransomware. These consist of fake applications or programs that mostly come as fake anti-virus or clean-up software.
- Lock-screen viruses. The second-most dangerous Ransomware type. When infected, the virus locks the user’s computer and displays a full-size window with a message that a cybercrime was perpetrated on this PC. The user must pay a ransom to unlock the computer.
- The new encryption Ransomware. The most dangerous Ransomware type. After gaining access to the victim’s computer, the attacker infiltrates the computer’s data and file structure to encrypt every file and folder on the computer.