How to recover files from a formatted hard drive using Ontrack EasyRecovery
Unfortunately unintentionally formatting a hard drive by mistake is a relatively common occurrence, but it definitely less common than deleting an individual file. The results of this particular scenario can vary due to the nature of what has been done and written back to the drive.
Recovering Data from a formatted drive using Ontrack EasyRecovery
In order to recover data from a formatted drive using Ontrack EasyRecovery, you need to:
- Ensure that you have Ontrack EasyRecovery installed on another drive or computer to which the formatted drive can be connected.
- Select the formatted media type.
- Select the volume if it is available in step 2 - see below
- I recommend starting with explore volume, just in case it is able to find your files. However, if the software doesn’t find them, the next step would be the formatted media recovery. Typically with a formatted drive, a deleted file scan would not be of much help.
What to do next to recover data files?
Again, if this doesn’t find your files the next step would be to undertake an in-lab data recovery.
If you need more information on data recovery, be sure to visit our service page.
Alternatively, get in touch with our experts at Ontrack Global.
Call for Immediate Assistance!
- Data Backup (1)
- Data Erasure (6)
- Data Loss (7)
- Data Protection (7)
- Data Recovery (24)
- Data Recovery Software (1)
- Data Security (6)
- Data Storage (5)
- Deleted Data (1)
- Disaster Recovery (4)
- Erasure Verification (2)
- Expert Articles (5)
- Hard Drive (6)
- Laptop/Desktop (2)
- Memory Card (2)
- Mobile Device (6)
- NAS (3)
- Ransomware & Cyber Incident Response (8)
- Server (9)
- SSD (9)
- Tape (4)
- Virtual Environment (1)