We hope you are safe after Typhoon Mangkhut.
We would like to give you some tips on how to protect your precious data and maximize the chances of a full recovery if you need our help:
- Never assume that data is unrecoverable, no matter what it has been through
- Never attempt to plug in, charge or turn on water-damaged devices
- Do not shake, disassemble or attempt to clean any hard drive or server that has been damaged
- Never attempt to dry water-damaged media by opening it or exposing it to heat, such as from a hairdryer
- Do not attempt to operate visibly-damaged devices
- For mission-critical situations, DO NOT DRY the media. Contact a data recovery professional before any attempts are made to reconfigure, reinstall or reformat
Data recovery services for your devices affected by Typhoon Mangkhut.
Help is a phone call away. We want to let you know that we are here to assist with any of your data recovery needs.
You think it’s gone? It’s not gone until we say it’s gone.
Over the last 30 years, Ontrack engineers have successfully recovered data from almost every device and data loss situation, including severe fire and flood damaged devices.