Ontrack and Western Digital
Ontrack, with more than 30 years experience, are a global partner of Western Digital and authorised to unseal hard drives for the purpose of data recovery.
Ontrack Data Recovery will not void your WD warranty. Please call us or email us to work with a data recovery specialist if you have any queries.
As a WD customer, you can benefit from:
- Safe handling of your files with secured and data confidential processes.
- Expert data recovery performed by experienced professionals in Singapore's most advanced data recovery Class100 cleanroom environment.
- 1 year complimentary data recovery service for selected external & internal storage sold through authorized WD local distributors.
WD models that are covered by the Data Recovery Protection Plan
This Service Includes:
- One single data recovery attempt regardless if the drive is recoverable or not.
- This service uses Ontrack’s latest proprietary tools and technologies for the highest chance of success. Such chances are however influenced by the nature and seriousness of the technical issue experienced by the media. Ontrack cannot guarantee that the achieved result will be the result desired by the Customer. Ontrack does not guarantee that any specific data will be recoverable and it cannot and does not guarantee which data files are on the media. Data recovery shall be strictly limited to whatever files recoverable on the media. Licensed software or files (like operating systems or application software) will not be recovered.
- The complimentary data recovery programme will be voided if there is a manufacturer's recall.
- The service covers a single registered HDD or SSD and not available for RAID configuration.
- The estimated recovery turnaround time is 2-3 weeks subjective to RMA processing time and media damages. Only the RMA drive will be returned to the customer. The original media will be returned to WD.
- Please register within 30 days of purchase with legitimate computerized printed receipt to claim the complimentary data recovery coverage.
- 2 ways shipping charges are borne by customer.
Ontrack reserves the right to refuse to perform the service on a drive in the following circumstances:
- The drive has not been registered, has been incorrectly registered or has been registered after the thirty (30) day deadline has expired;
- Where the Device received by Ontrack does not match the information entered during the registration process;
- Drives which have been tampered with (i.e. a drive has previously been opened or is otherwise not intact, for example if the seals or labels applied by the manufacturer have been removed or there are other signs of tampering).
- Upload proof of purchase image does not show the complete invoice/receipt with visible date of purchase and product type. Hand-written receipts are not accepted.
Product Registration to Activate Plan
Fill out the registration form below to activate the Data Recovery Protection Plan.
Click Choose File to upload a scan or copy of your proof of purchase of your device. The normal data recovery fees start from SGD500. We encourage customers to upgrade the care plan to ensure you have a full coverage during the usage of the WD storage.