Ontrack Data Recovery launches new version of “do-it-yourself” recovery software products
Ontrack® EasyRecovery™ 6.10 answers recovery demand with enhanced support and capabilities
MINNEAPOLIS – June 28, 2005 – Ontrack Data Recovery™, the industry’s largest, most experienced and technologically advanced provider of data recovery products and services has launched a new version of its EasyRecovery™ family of “do-it-yourself” data recovery and file repair software. Ontrack® EasyRecovery version 6.10 enhances support to include the latest file types and improves functionality for newer hardware configurations, helping users find the recovery solution most suitable for their specific needs.
“With more than 100,000 requests for recovery service in 2004 alone, Ontrack understands the need for more powerful ‘do-it-yourself’ recovery options," said Jim Reinert, senior director of Software and Services for Ontrack Data Recovery. “Since a majority of EasyRecovery users are small businesses, it is particularly important to provide software offering an immediate impact on their business continuity, thus minimizing the many disruptions a data loss situation can create.”
The EasyRecovery 6.10 family of products delivers a variety of enhancements giving data loss sufferers more control over the recovery process. New features include:
- Microsoft® Office 2003 support for FileRepair components
- Microsoft® Outlook 2003 support for EmailRepair components
- Added support for Serial ATA (SATA) device identification
- Enhanced device detection for a wider range of digital media and external media devices (USB, FireWire, USB key drives)
- Improved functionality of ER-DOS product, including support for drives larger than 137 GB
- EasyRecovery™ Professional now supports more than 290 specific file types in the raw recovery feature
The EasyRecovery product family consists of five distinct product offerings that provide a no-risk method for data recovery/file repair needs, helping both business and home users minimize downtime and the cost of lost productivity:
- EasyRecovery™ Professional data recovery software is the complete solution for your data recovery, email repair, file repair and disk diagnostic needs. EasyRecovery Professional incorporates all the features and benefits of EasyRecovery™ DataRecovery, EasyRecovery EmailRepair™ and EasyRecovery FileRepair™ into one simple product, plus adds superior disk diagnostics including Data Advisor® and advanced data recovery capabilities and options.
- EasyRecovery™ DataRecovery is a simple, yet powerful tool that recovers lost, inaccessible or deleted data with added file repair capabilities for zip files. It allows you to recover deleted files, folders and complete partitions quickly and easily, making it the ultimate do-it-yourself solution for causes of data loss.
- EasyRecovery FileRepair™ works on files that are accessible but cannot be opened and repairs and restores corrupt files into new readable files. It is the complete file repair and restore solution for corrupted zip files and Microsoft® Access, Excel, PowerPoint® and Word files.
- EasyRecovery EmailRepair™ repairs and restores Microsoft® Outlook, Outlook Express and zip files that are accessible but cannot be opened. This powerful software gives you the ability to retrieve and restore deleted messages and repair corrupted Microsoft Outlook Express (DBX) and Microsoft Outlook (PST & OST) files, including those Outlook 2000 or earlier files exceeding the 2GB limitation.
- EasyRecovery™ Lite is a more cost-effective version of EasyRecovery™ DataRecovery that allows you to recover up to 25 files per recovery session.
Available in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish, the EasyRecovery 6.10 family allows recovery from various types of media including IDE/ATA/EIDE/SCSI and now SATA hard drives, zip removable media, floppy diskettes, Jaz removable media, external media devices (USB/Firewire drives, USB key drives) and digital media (i.e. CompactFlash, SmartMedia, flash memory, memory sticks) for files created on DOS, Windows 3.x, 95, 98, Me, 2000, NT and XP systems.
EasyRecovery Professional is available for $499, EasyRecovery DataRecovery for $199, EasyRecovery FileRepair for $339, EasyRecovery EmailRepair for $279, and EasyRecovery Lite for $89. All five products are available via the Ontrack Web site at www.ontrack.com/software or by calling Ontrack at 800-872-2599. Volume and corporate licensing opportunities are also available for EasyRecovery Professional. Please contact Ontrack for more information.
About Ontrack Data Recovery
Ontrack Data Recovery (www.ontrack.com) is the largest, most experienced and technologically advanced provider of data recovery products and services worldwide. Ontrack is able to recover lost or corrupted data from virtually all operating systems and types of storage devices through its do-it-yourself, remote and in-lab capabilities, using its hundreds of proprietary tools and techniques. Ontrack Data Recovery is a brand name of Kroll Ontrack Inc., a technology services subsidiary of Kroll Inc., the global risk consulting company.
Ben Blomberg, 952-516-3617, Ben.Blomberg@krolldiscovery.com