Discounts for those affected by storms in Midwest & South
Minneapolis, January 5, 2016 – With dangerous storms causing historic flooding and property damage in Missouri, Illinois, Texas and many other Midwest and Southern states, Kroll Ontrack is offering free diagnosis and an $850 flat fee for data recovery of all desktops, laptops and USBs affected by flood waters and storm impact. This offer runs through February 2016.
"Heavy storms, tornados and flooding can be extremely devastating for businesses and individuals, at times resulting in the loss and personal or business property, including data loss when digital devices are damaged or become non-functioning,” said Todd Johnson, vice president, data and storage technologies, Kroll Ontrack. "While many possessions can be replaced and are usually covered by insurance, the same cannot be said for digital data. Kroll Ontrack has been helping victims of natural disasters recover their important and sentimental data for 30 years."
Valuable information is stored on business and personal computers and laptops – critical financial information, irreplaceable photos, videos, music, tax forms, contact lists, and passwords. When natural disasters occur, it can cause devastating data loss scenarios. This fact is reinforced by the increase in the number of jobs Kroll Ontrack receives following natural disasters.
For more information on this offer, contact Kroll Ontrack at 800-872-2599; or online at www.krollontrack.com.
TIPS: Kroll Ontrack recommends that victims fearing loss of their vital information consider the following before assuming that the damage is permanent:
- Never assume that data is unrecoverable, no matter what it has been through
- Do not shake, disassemble or attempt to clean any hard drive or server that has been damaged; improper handling can make recovery operations more difficult which can lead to valuable information being lost
- Never attempt to dry water-damaged media by opening it or exposing it to heat, such as from a hairdryer
- Do not attempt to operate visibly damaged devices
- Do not attempt to freeze-dry media
- Do not use common software utility programs on broken or water-damaged devices
- For mission critical situations, contact a data recovery professional before any attempts are made to reconfigure, reinstall or reformat
About Kroll Ontrack
Kroll Ontrack provides technology-driven services and software to help legal, corporate and government entities as well as consumers manage, recover, search, analyze, and produce data efficiently and cost-effectively. In addition to its award-winning suite of software, Kroll Ontrack provides data recovery, data destruction, electronic discovery and document review. For more information about Kroll Ontrack and its offerings please visit: www.krollontrack.com or follow @KrollOntrack on Twitter.
Media Contact: Kristin Husom, 952-516-3781, email@example.com
VP of Marketing