Kroll Ontrack offers data recovery discount for storage devices affected by flooding in West Virginia
Minneapolis, July 5, 2016 – With tremendous rainfall causing historic flooding and property damage in West Virginia, Kroll Ontrack is offering free diagnosis and an $850 flat fee for data recovery of all desktops, laptops and USBs affected by flood waters. Kroll Ontrack has been helping victims of natural disasters recover their important and sentimental data for 30 years. This offer runs through August 2016.
"While many possessions can be replaced and are covered by insurance, the same cannot be said for digital data,” said Todd Johnson, vice president, data and storage technologies, Kroll Ontrack. “When natural disasters occur, we definitely see an increase in the number of businesses and individuals seeking help to recover data that was lost as a result of damage sustained during the disaster. For the best chance of successful recovery in cases involving water damage, it’s important to never attempt to ‘dry out’ your device by opening it or exposing it to heat, like a hair dryer.”
For more information on this offer, contact Kroll Ontrack at 800-872-2599; or online at www.krollontrack.com.
TIPS: Kroll Ontrack recommends that victims fearing loss of their vital information consider the following before assuming that the damage is permanent:
- Never assume that data is unrecoverable, no matter what it has been through
- Do not shake, disassemble or attempt to clean any hard drive or server that has been damaged; improper handling can make recovery operations more difficult which can lead to valuable information being lost
- Never attempt to dry water-damaged media by opening it or exposing it to heat, such as from a hairdryer
- Do not attempt to operate visibly damaged devices
- Do not attempt to freeze-dry media
- Do not use common software utility programs on broken or water-damaged devices
- For mission critical situations, contact a data recovery professional before any attempts are made to reconfigure, reinstall or reformat
About Kroll Ontrack
Kroll Ontrack provides technology-driven services and software to help legal, corporate and government entities as well as consumers manage, recover, search, analyze, and produce data efficiently and cost-effectively. In addition to its award-winning suite of software, Kroll Ontrack provides data recovery, data destruction, electronic discovery and document review. For more information about Kroll Ontrack and its offerings please visit: www.krollontrack.com or follow @KrollOntrack on Twitter.
Media Contact: Kristin Husom, 952-516-3781, email@example.com
VP of Marketing