Common data loss scenarios
Ontrack engineers have the expertise and experience to recover data from your UNIX and Linux systems, be it a simple terminal or a RAID 5 server. Some of the types of problems we regularly recover from are:
- Kernel panics and unbootable machines
- Deleted or formatted partitions
- Deleted or missing files and folders
- Corrupted unmountable file systems
- System crashes and FSCK failures
- Lost/ damaged RAID configurations
What systems can we recover from?
We support one of the largest ranges of UNIX and Linux file systems in the industry. Even if our current tools do not support your variation we have a team of software developers capable of Just In Time (JIT) development to modify or create new tools to match your needs.
- SCO – OpenServer, System V, UnixWare
- Sun Microsystems - Solaris
- Hewlett Packard - HP-UX
- IBM – AIX
- SGI – IRIX
- BSD / FreeBSD
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Novell SUSE Linux
- FFS, EXT 2 & 3
Can’t see yours? Don’t worry; we can still recover it for you.
Lost data? Then STOP!
If you’ve lost data, stop using the device immediately to avoid further damage. Assess the situation before deciding on the best course of action.