Ontrack to the Rescue: Mac Data Recovery
First, There Was a Fire
Wondering what happened here? One Apple Macbook Air on the ground, plus one large truck in reverse, equals one unique case from the desks of our Ontrack Data Recovery experts.
Our client’s hopes for data recovery were admittedly dim after a customer dropped his MacBook, only to watch it be run over by a truck, which resulted in its battery catching fire.
Then, There Was a Fix
Thankfully, Ontrack’s engineers are no strangers to these types of data loss scenarios. Hardware failures, software failures, and human errors of all kinds have prepared them to provide the customized service this client needed. A path to data recovery was charted with a five-step process:
- Evaluation – The Ontrack team examined the unit in that was sent to our lab to determine the extent of the damage.
- Decontamination – All contaminants that adversely affected the Apple laptop’s ability to operate were removed.
- Micro-Soldering – Damaged capacitors and resistors located near the battery were replaced using a tiny soldering device.
- Diagnostics – The Apple laptop was placed in a special diagnostic mode which allowed the internal storage device to be mounted onto an Ontrack lab machine Ontrack’s own proprietary tools.
- Recovery – Ontrack engineers were able to virtually repair the file system and extract the data from the damaged laptop resulting in a full recovery for the client.
Lost Apple Data Isn’t a Lost Cause
While it’s always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to keeping up with your Apple device; the truth of the matter is accidents happen, some more unforeseen than others. Ontrack’s data recovery engineers have extensive experience recovering lost data from any situation regarding Apple’s ecosystem of products including all generations of iPhones, iPads, iPods, Macs and MacBooks.
Need data recovery for your Apple device? Start your free evaluation with Ontrack today.