Server Failure. Device Erasure. Ransomware. Ontrack has seen it all—and we’ve also recovered critical data from these data loss situations and many more. Server data loss means downtime, which can be devastating to an organization.
When extreme data loss challenges threaten business endeavors, Ontrack has the expertise to recover vital data and restore online activity.
Request an estimate
We are server data recovery experts.
Ontrack’s abilities are unmatched in recovering from any direct-attached RAID, network attached storage (NAS), and very large storage area network (SAN) systems.
Ontrack Data Recovery engineers help you with the following:
- Recover lost data from file servers
- Restore application servers
- Retrieve lost web server data
- Recover virtual server data
- Custom data recovery solutions
Common scenarios for data loss on servers.
Server data loss can be caused by any of the following:
- Inverter failure
- Overwriting the configuration
- Rebuilding failure
- One or more hard drives overheating
- File system corruption
- Overvoltage or power failure
- Hard drive failure
- Power supply failure
- Air conditioning failure
Schedule a 15-minute meeting with a server data recovery expert.
Our team of engineers are experts in server data recovery. We work with our clients and the equipment manufacturer to recover the maximum amount of data as quickly as possible.
We are here to help.
When a server loses data, we understand timing is critical. Our data recovery specialists are available 24/7 for emergency service.
We offer a free phone consultation for server data recovery with one of our specialists or engineers. During your call we will:
- Confirm your hardware, configuration, virtualization software and back up procedure
- Assess the server data loss situation and possible failure points
- Provide tips to prevent further data loss
- Assess the possibility of a Remote Data Recovery
- Advise on preparations for an In Lab Server Data Recovery
Ontrack has developed proven recovery methods for the following server systems.
Our research and development team is dedicated to creating customized data recovery solutions for our clients. Our global R&D team is the largest in the industry and has been developing the necessary tools and techniques for successful server data recoveries for over 30 years.
Microsoft Exchange and Other Email Servers
Specialized recovery solutions for inaccessible email databases and missing, corrupted or deleted messages or mailboxes.
- In-lab data recovery services for physical drive failures.
- Remote Data Recovery solutions for data recovery performed over a secure internet connection.
- Ontrack® PowerControls™ management software for Microsoft Exchange.
File servers can take on many different shapes and sizes, but rest assured that Ontrack has experience in recovering data from all hardware storage device configurations, including:
- Network Attached Storage servers
- Storage Area Networks
- Direct Attached Storage
- Cloud Storage
As an industry partner with certified developer status with Apple, Microsoft, Sun and VMware, we are best positioned to assist with a range of common database errors, including:
- Database corruption
- Torn pages
- System table abnormalities
Microsoft SharePoint Server
Ontrack® PowerControls™ for Microsoft SharePoint allows administrators to quickly and easily find, recover and restore Microsoft Office SharePoint server items including:
- Entire SharePoint sites
- Libraries and folders
Microsoft SQL Server
Ontrack® PowerControls™ for SQL restores Microsoft® SQL Server® tables without having to restore the entire database.
- Restore just the table you need – not the entire database
- Preview content before restoration
- Drag and drop copied tables directly to the desired environment
- Spend minutes restoring versus hours or days
- Achieve an ROI well beyond the cost of the tool
- Supports Snapshots or native SQL backups
We know loss of a web server is critical to any business. This is why our skilled team of engineers are available to assist at any time, day or night in the event of a data loss. Types of web servers:
- Apache HTTP
- IIS for Windows®
- Novell® Open Enterprise Servers
- IBM® Domino® (formerly IBM Lotus® Domino)
If you do not see your web server listed here, please contact us at 855.818.7015 for further assistance.
Virtual servers and servers using VMware software reduce the cost of hosting a network and physical hardware, but add complexity to storage systems. Our engineers are experts in recovering from:
- Corrupt VMFS Datastore volumes
- Corrupted virtual disk files (VMDK or VHD)
- Corrupted guest file systems
- Deleted virtual disk files (VMDK or VHD)
If your issue is not listed here, we have a data recovery specialist waiting for your call at 855.818.7015.
Custom Application Servers
Our research and development team is dedicated to creating customized data recovery solutions for our clients. Our global R&D team is the largest in the industry and has been developing the necessary tools and techniques for successful data recoveries for over 30 years.
Recoverable server, SAN and NAS manufacturers.
|Hitachi Data Systems
|Pillar® Data Systems
If you do not see the manufacturer you are looking for listed here, please contact us at 855.558.3856 for a complete list.
Server Data Recovery FAQs
Prevent data loss when using a RAID array
RAID levels are designed to protect against data loss caused by the physical failure of one or more of the hard disks. However, this doesn’t mean that data loss doesn’t occur.
There are a number of steps you can take to protect your business from data loss when using a RAID array, including:
- Always have an up-to-date backup of your data
- Choose a RAID configuration that is equipped to cover your data and data loss requirements
- Never try to rebuild a system if too many disks have failed and the RAID level can no longer support itself
- Monitor the status of the hard drives and always be prepared for a system or hardware failure
- If you’ve lost your data and don’t know why the hardware failed, never attempt DIY data recovery.
If your RAID server has failed or you’ve lost data, our Canadian server data recovery team can recover your data and get your back up and running, fast.
The data recovery process.
From initial consultation to ongoing support, more businesses and consumers choose Ontrack Data Recovery solutions and software to handle any data loss situation – from simple to the most complex and catastrophic.
Start your data recovery now with a free consultation.
Contact our team of experts. Ontrack accommodates everyone – from the largest government or enterprise organization to an individual who may have lost their digital photos and everyone in between.