We understand that modern IT departments are busy. When an urgent archive restore request comes in, the pressure can start mounting to turn it around quickly, amongst everything else! We can help you alleviate common tape restoration headaches and meet even the strictest of deadlines.
If you need to quickly restore information from your tape archives, we can help.
Looking for a specific file? Our granular search capabilities enable you to restore exactly the data you need to the format of your choice.
No matter how short the time frame, we can help you. We can work 24/7/365 to restore your data so you can meet even the tightest of deadlines.
Any tape type
We can recover and extract data from any tape media, regardless of the backup system that was originally used.
We can prepare the extracted data, such as email, to formats ready for importing into your cloud environment.
How it works
We use a project based approach tailored to your exact requirements. A usual tape restoration project can include:
- Recovery of inaccessible data
- Replication and de-duplication
- Catalogue and indexing reports for future data mapping
- Development of custom software and tools
- Conversion of your legacy media in a secure, efficient and cost effective manner
- Accurate bit for bit copy of the source data, supplied back to you in the required format
All of these steps are flexible and can be adjusted to suit your needs, particularly when the delivery deadlines for data restores are very tight.
Any tape format
From reel-to-reel to the latest LTO tapes, we can cater for any type of magnetic storage, no matter how new or old the technology is.
Even if your media is damaged, our engineers can help using proprietary tape recovery techniques. Here are just some of the tape formats we support, in any generation. Can’t see yours? Don’t worry, we can still help you.
|3500 MP Series||5 to 700 GB|
AIT Series | SAIT Series
|8mm (AIT)||35 to 500 GB|
|Oracle (formerly StorageTek)
9800 Series | 10000 Series
|40 to 1,000 GB|
DLT Series | SDLT Series
|80 to 800 GB|
DAT Series | LTO Series
SLR Series | VXA Series
|4mm, 8mm (MP)
Ultrium (generation 1-5)
|38 to 6000 GB|
|Quantum, HP, Sony
DDS Series | DAT Series
|DDS 4 mm||20 to 40 GB|
|IBM, HP, Quantum, Sony
|Ultrium (generation 1-6)||200 to 6000 GB|
Any backup system.
Our expertise doesn’t end with tape; we also provide additional services to assist with the migration of backup systems:
|ARCserve®||Veritas NetBackup™||Veritas Backup Exec™||Microsoft® Backup|
|Catalogic® DPX™||Retrospect®||CommVault®||Data Protector|
We support any backup software, so if you don’t see yours here we can still assist you.
Your data security is our priority
We’re trusted by thousands of organisations every year with even the most sensitive data.
We can provide you with:
- Full chain of custody
- Strict security protocols
- Data returned on encrypted media
- Secure courier service
- Disposal of end of life media to government standards
Trust the tape experts
Ontrack can help you with any tape project, no matter how complex.
- World leading data management services and software since 1985
- International coverage with 33 office locations for multi-site / jurisdiction cases
- 24/7/365 availability
- Over 30 years of technical experience and R&D capabilities to solve even the most challenging tape situations
- Proprietary software tools that work independently of backup infrastructure/software
- Strict security policies with chain of custody if required
- Twice awarded by the US Department of Defence for outstanding security participation
Get a free consultation
Find out how our tape solutions can help you take back control of your archive data.
Our team will contact you directly to discuss your requirements further.
- How to effectively manage and restore the legacy tape
- Tape-Services: More than just recovering data from legacy tapes
- Tape: the ultimate storage solution?
- The security risks associated with tape storage
- Tape archives: What you don’t know can hurt you
- Company Dark Data on Corporate Tapes
- Tape Storage Regains Its Cool Factor
- Tape Data Recovery in New Zealand