When your server fails or is missing data, we understand the urgency to recover your data and get you back up and running.
Our team of engineers are experts in server data recovery. We work with our clients and the equipment manufacturer to recover the maximum amount of data as quickly as possible.
Expert server data recovery
We recover data from any direct attached RAID, network attached storage (NAS), and very large storage area network (SAN) systems.
Ontrack Data Recovery engineers can help you:
- Recover lost data from file servers
- Restore application servers
- Retrieve lost web server data
- Recover virtual server data
- Create custom data recovery solutions
Learn more about our RAID and SAN, DAS & SDS recovery services.
Common scenarios for data loss on servers
Server data loss can be caused by any of the following:
- Hard drive failure
- Power cut
- Air conditioning failure
- Rebuilding failure
- One or more hard drives overheating
- File system corruption
- Power surge or power failure
- Inverter failure
- Overwriting the configuration
We are here to help
When a server loses data, we understand timing is critical. Our data recovery specialists are available 24/7 for emergency service. We offer a free phone consultation for server data recovery with one of our specialists or engineers.
During your call we will:
- Confirm your hardware, configuration, virtualisation software and back up procedure
- Assess the server data loss situation and possible failure points
- Provide tips to prevent further data loss
- Assess the possibility of a Remote Data Recovery
- Advise on preparations for an in lab server data recovery
Proven recovery methods for any server system
Our global research and development team is dedicated to creating customised data recovery solutions for our clients. For over 30 years we have been developing the necessary tools and techniques for successful server data recoveries.
Microsoft Exchange and other email servers
Specialised recovery solutions for inaccessible email databases and missing, corrupted or deleted messages or mailboxes.
- In lab data recovery services for physical drive failures
- Remote Data Recovery solutions for data recovery performed over a secure internet connection
- Ontrack® PowerControls™ management software for Microsoft Exchange
File servers can take on many different shapes and sizes, but rest assured that Ontrack has experience in recovering data from all hardware storage device configurations, including:
- Network Attached Storage servers
- Storage Area Networks
- Direct Attached Storage
- Cloud storage
As an industry partner with certified developer status with Apple, Microsoft, Sun and VMware, we are best positioned to assist with a range of common database errors, including:
- Database corruption
- Torn pages
- System table abnormalities
Microsoft SharePoint Server
Ontrack® PowerControls™ for Microsoft SharePoint allows administrators to quickly and easily find, recover and restore Microsoft Office SharePoint server items including:
- Entire SharePoint sites
- Libraries and folders
Microsoft SQL Server
Ontrack® PowerControls™ for SQL restores Microsoft® SQL Server® tables without having to restore the entire database.
- Restore just the table you need – not the entire database
- Preview content before restoration
- Drag and drop copied tables directly to the desired environment
- Spend minutes restoring versus hours or days
- Achieve an ROI well beyond the cost of the tool
- Supports Snapshots or native SQL backups
We know loss of a web server is critical to any business. That's why our skilled team of engineers are available to assist at any time, day or night in the event of a data loss. We have recovery capabilities for many types of web servers, including:
- Apache HTTP
- IIS for Windows®
- Novell® Open Enterprise Servers
- IBM® Domino® (formerly IBM Lotus® Domino)
If you do not see your web server listed here, please contact us for further assistance.
Virtual servers and servers using VMware software reduce the cost of hosting a network and physical hardware, but add complexity to storage systems. Our engineers are experts in recovering from:
- Corrupt VMFS Datastore volumes
- Corrupted virtual disk files (VMDK or VHD)
- Corrupted guest file systems
- Deleted virtual disk files (VMDK or VHD)
If your issue is not listed here, contact us today for assistance.
Custom Application Servers
Our research and development team is dedicated to creating customized data recovery solutions for our clients. Our global R&D team is the largest in the industry and has been developing the necessary tools and techniques for successful data recoveries for over 30 years.
Server, SAN and NAS brands we can recover data from
|Hitachi Data Systems||LSI™||StorNext®||Cisco™||HP Hewlett® Packard|
|NetApp™||StorTrends®||Compellent Technologies||I-O Data||NetGear®|
|Iomega®||Oracle®||X-IO™ Technologies||Drobo™||Pillar® Data Systems|
If you do not see the manufacturer you are looking for, please contact us for a complete list.
How long does data recovery take?
Ontrack has individual service levels to ensure you get the data you need – when you need it. Whether your data is critical to your business or is less time-sensitive, our data services consultants will talk you through which option is best for you.
StandardAverage of 7-10 business days
PriorityAverage of 2-3 business days
EmergencyAverage of 24 hours
*After our evaluation is complete, we will provide you with a guaranteed file listing of the recoverable data and a fixed quote for the recovery fee. The recovered data will be provided back to you on a brand new, encrypted USB.
The data recovery process.
From initial consultation to ongoing support, more businesses and consumers choose Ontrack Data Recovery solutions and software in any data loss situation – from simple to the most complex and catastrophic.
Join over a half million people and businesses who have trusted Ontrack to recover their data.
Start your data recovery now with a free consultation.
Contact our team of experts. Ontrack accommodates everyone – from the largest government or enterprise organisation to an individual who may have lost their digital photos and everyone in between.