To increase the likelihood of a successful recovery of your data, please protect your media during shipment.
Since drive components are extremely delicate, any jarring of the hardware can cause additional damage and make the recovery more difficult than necessary.
- Where possible, remove hard drives from laptops and desktops before shipping
- Place small items such as flash media cards, USB drives and phones in an envelope before wrapping and placing in the box
- Wrap damaged media in anti-static bubble wrap, anti-static foam or an anti-static bag and placed in a box
- We recommend using a box that is twice the size of your media. The box should have enough room for both the media and some type of additional packing material that allows for no movement. The box should also have sufficient barrier room around the inside edges to absorb impact during shipping.
- Ship multiple drives in separate boxes or make sure they are separated enough with packing material so there will be no contact between them
- Include your completed and signed documents in the box
- Consider getting insurance on any hardware that has significant value; you cannot insure the value of the data
Signed, sealed, delivered
Include your completed and signed paperwork in the box along with your media. This will expedite the recovery of your data and help to avoid delays.
Write your recovery reference number on the outside of the box. This allows us to begin processing your drive as quickly as possible.