Your trusted VMware® data recovery provider
Thousands of VMware customers have relied on Ontrack to successfully recover data lost due to accidental deletion, hardware failures, or corrupted virtual environments.
Our global R&D team has developed proprietary recovery techniques and can recover lost or inaccessible data from nearly any virtual machine, server, or system. Our close partnership with VMware support allows us to help customers with even the latest software releases.
Common causes of virtual data loss
There are many causes of data loss in a virtualised system. Fortunately, Ontrack Australia has expertise to recover data from almost any situation.
Examples of what we can recover:
- Re-formatted VMware Datastore
- Corrupted virtual disk files (VMDK)
- Corrupt VMFS Datastore volumes
- Deleted virtual disk files (VMDK)
- Deleted snapshots
- Traditional RAID and hardware failures
- Failed or corrupted vSAN
- Virtual Volumes (VVols)
- Fusion for Mac
- Workstation Pro
- Corrupted guest file systems
VMware data recovery recommendations.
For best results, VMware recommends you follow these guidelines to protect you from further data loss. These recommendations can help preserve your chances for successful data recovery with Ontrack.
- Never install data recovery software onto a volume if you require deleted data to be recovered. Installing software, creating, or copying files to the volume can permanently overwrite data in the free space of the volume and make it unrecoverable.
- If critical data is inaccessible due to accidental deletion, device failure, or corruption, take the volume offline and unmount it immediately.
- If you choose to attempt data recovery on your own, always work with a backup copy or image file of your data, volume, or VMDK file.
- Re-initializing or reformatting a problematic volume will remove all data and complicate data recovery attempts.
- Only rebuild a RAID array if all of its member drives have been completely imaged, or you have a fully functional and verified backup.
- Never attempt to force a failed RAID member drive online unless you have all member drives imaged.
Ontrack's data recovery services
If you’ve experienced a data loss, contact us as soon as possible to get advice from our expert data recovery engineers.
Time can be critical, and the odds for successful data recovery are higher when no previous attempts have been performed. Decades of experience confirm that this is critical for saving your valuable data. Data recovery for VMware systems can be performed through our in lab, remote, and onsite services.
The best recovery option for any type of system, no matter what the data loss situation is. This recovery service is provided in our state of the art data recovery lab and ISO-5/Class 100 cleanroom environment to ensure the safety of your data.
Your data is recovered remotely without your media ever leaving your premises. We connect to your system via the Internet to perform a live recovery. Only available when the system is still operational and not physically damaged.
If your system cannot leave your premises, our engineers can bring their recovery expertise to you. Onsite data recovery is available for logical issues, however any hardware must be mechanically sound. This option is only available for an emergency service.
Service level options
Need your data back quickly? We can help with our range of data recovery service levels.
StandardAverage of 7-10 business days
Priority2-3 business days
Emergency24/7 until completion
Our initial consultation is always free. We work closely with our customers to provide an overview of our recommended course of action, the outlook for success, timing, and costs involved. Customers are never charged until they approve a documented path forward for their data recovery job. Estimates for evaluations and recovery can vary depending on customer urgency, device type, capacity, number of files, transfer speeds, and complexity of the data loss situation.
Start your data recovery now with a free consultation.
Contact our team of experts. Ontrack accommodates everyone – from the largest government or enterprise organisation to an individual who may have lost their digital photos and everyone in between.