Ontrack Australia offers NAS (Network Attached Storage) data recovery for all manufacturers, operating systems and configurations. Your data is our priority.
We can help! Ontrack has performed over 500,000 successful data recoveries. Over 50,000 clients from small businesses to ASX listed companies rely on our best-in-class data recovery services each year.
Experts in all storage systems
Ontrack engineers have vast knowledge of all storage technology and can successfully recover data from the oldest to the most recent DAS, SAN, NAS and SDS configurations on the market. We support all vendors, media formats and operating systems.
Data recovery from all NAS storage systems
Our experts have over 25 years of experience in the data recovery of NAS servers.
With specially developed data collection tools and techniques, our experts can quickly restore your lost data on any system. This applies to all types of NAS servers and RAID levels, all RAID controllers, all drives regardless of whether HDD or SSD and no matter what manufacturer. Ontrack works directly with most manufacturers to achieve the best recovery results possible. Some of these manufacturers include:
|LaCie®||LG||NetApp||Netgear®||Rackmount Storage Systems|
If you do not see the manufacturer you are looking for listed here, please contact us for a complete list.
How does data loss happen in a NAS system?
Each data loss has its own story, but there are common scenarios that require data recovery from network storage.
- Human error: Unfortunately, human error is a common cause when data is lost from a NAS. Data loss often happens accidentally due to reformatting, reinstallation, deleting or overwriting a volume.
- Power failure: NAS systems can become corrupt due to power failure, voltage fluctuations or overvoltage. RAID arrays (the storage inside the NAS) that have been in use for some time are particularly vulnerable, as voltage fluctuations can cause individual disks to be out of sync resulting in a degraded or failed RAID array.
- Overheating: Faulty cooling in the server room or an improper location in an office or at home can result in overheating and drive failures.
- Defective NAS controllers: Defective controllers can cause errors during reformats or rebuilds. Errors in the firmware or operating system caused by reconfiguring the memory can cause data loss.
- Mechanical errors: RAID systems are designed to compensate for the failure of one or more drives. As soon as a drive fails in a NAS/RAID, the remaining hard drives must compensate for the failure. Multiple drive failures can handicap the NAS/RAID to the point of complete failure.
- Natural disasters: Fire damage, water damage, pollution and other contamination can destroy a NAS in seconds. Rebuilding a contaminated system requires special knowledge and the ability to thoroughly clean individual drives and other components of the NAS. Only then can the data be restored by a logical rebuild. Ontrack has the technical proficiency to thoroughly clean and successfully restore heavily soiled media.
What to do if you experience a NAS drive failure.
- If you hear unusual noises, you should shut down the system immediately
- Validate your backup before replacing or updating hardware or software
- Do not use RAID recovery software if there is a possibility of a hardware failure
- Do not defrag possibly damaged drives
- Do not rebuild and/or reinstall the original system. Do not restore a backup to the same volume/drives
Emergency help for NAS devices
Call us to find the fastest solution for your NAS recovery. We recover data for companies and individuals. No NAS recovery is too big or too small.
When you call we:
- Diagnose the cause of data loss and identify possible fault points
- Verify if Remote Data Recovery is possible
- Explain the data recovery process and the specifics for your individual case
Time is an important factor
When it comes to business critical data, a NAS failure can cause huge financial damage.
Our experts always check the possibility of an Ontrack Remote Data Recovery (RDR), our fastest method of recovery. With this proprietary technology, the data is restored directly onto your server via a secure internet connection.
Emergency NAS service available!
We understand data can be very time sensitive, which is why we offer different service levels to meet your needs.
StandardAverage of 7-10 business days
PriorityAverage of 2-3 business days
Emergency24/7 until completion
All turnaround times are average figures and may vary depending on the complexity of the recovery work.
The data recovery process
From initial consultation to ongoing support, more businesses and clients choose Ontrack Data Recovery solutions and software in any data loss situation – from simple to the most complex and catastrophic.
Start your data recovery now with a free consultation.
Contact our team of experts. Ontrack accommodates everyone – from the largest government or enterprise organisation to an individual who may have lost their digital photos and everyone in between.