Managing archived data is critical to reducing risk and cost in your enterprise.
With over 30 years of data recovery heritage, Ontrack’s tape services team provides clients peace of mind when accessing legacy data on tapes and virtual backup environments. Our proprietary tools allow us to read and recover data from any tape type, regardless of backup method and infrastructure.
A trusted tape services provider.
With Ontrack's tape services you can respond to time-sensitive restore requirements, save on archiving costs, reduce the risk of retaining uncompliant data and keep legacy data accessible.
By trusting us to help manage your legacy data, you will not only be able to quickly react to requests, achieve compliance with GDPR, better manage what data you keep and where you store it, but also reduce storage and maintenance costs.
We recover from all tape media.
Custom Tape Services
Manage your library of tapes for easy data access and identification when urgent restore requests arise. Assess current IT infrastructure support, data integrity, and data retention compliance.
An efficient method to create a complete overview of your long-term archive. Receive a precise list of the data contents on each tape.
Convert your legacy media in a secure, efficient and cost-effective manner. Consolidate your archives onto one, unified cloud platform of choice.
Assistance quickly retrieving granular data from your tape archives ensuring you are able to comply with legal and government requests.
Tape Services Process Overview
Join over a half million people and businesses who have trusted Ontrack to recover their data.
With 24/7/365 phone support, our data recovery experts will assess your needs and discuss options.
Proof of Concept
Sample tape restoration is provided to validate service expectations.
Client approves the project and tapes are processed according to client requirements.
Data is securely returned via FTP or on encrypted media.
Benefits of leveraging Ontrack tape services team
IT Department Benefits:
- Reduce expenses associated with managing and storing backup tapes
- Consolidate backup infrastructure, decreasing hardware, software and storage needs
- Improve responsiveness and reduced involvement of IT staff during eDiscovery, internal investigations and regulatory requests orders
- Access to damaged tapes (reformatted, overwritten, broken)
Legal Department Benefits:
- Organisation of important data for compliance and regulatory needs, including GDPR
- Decreased eDiscovery, internal investigation and regulatory request costs through smaller, more manageable data volumes
- Faster response time if data retrieval request orders arise
Why choose Ontrack Australia?
Supporting All Environments and Tape Formats
Ontrack develops proprietary software for tape restoration and data recovery, meaning that we can ensure your tape data is always accessible, even when the legacy environment is no longer available.
When Time Is of the Essence
IT departments can be faced with cumbersome restorations when responding to time sensitive requests. Depend on Ontrack to quickly recover and produce information on tapes and virtual backup environments.
Data in our possession is secured by the most advanced data security and disaster recovery technology available. Our data centres are ISO/IEC 27001 and SOC Type II certified and GDPR, HIPAA, and CPRA compliant.
Solving Complex Data Challenges
As an integrated KLDiscovery business, Ontrack has a network of professionals with expertise spanning the information governance and eDiscovery spectrum to support the litigation, investigation and compliance needs of our clients.
Get a tape services quote
Why work with Ontrack Australia?
- World leading data management services and software since 1985
- International coverage with laboratories across the globe for multi-site / jurisdiction cases
- 24/7/365 availability
- Over 30 years of technical experience and R&D capabilities to solve even the most challenging tape situations
- Proprietary software tools that work independently of backup infrastructure/software
- Strict security policies with chain of custody if required
- How to effectively manage and restore the legacy tape
- Tape-Services: More than just recovering data from legacy tapes
- Tape: the ultimate storage solution?
- The security risks associated with tape storage
- Tape archives: What you don’t know can hurt you
- Company Dark Data on Corporate Tapes
- “It’s End of Life Jim, but not as we know it” – The Demise of Tape