Managing archived data is critical to reducing risk and cost in your enterprise.
With over 30 years of data recovery heritage, Ontrack’s tape services team provides clients peace of mind when accessing legacy data on tapes and virtual backup environments. Our proprietary tools allow us to read and recover data from any tape type, regardless of backup method and infrastructure.
A trusted tape services provider.
With Ontrack's tape services you can respond to time-sensitive restore requirements, save on archiving costs, reduce the risk of retaining uncompliant data and keep legacy data accessible.
By trusting us to help manage your legacy data, you will not only be able to quickly react to requests, achieve compliance with GDPR, better manage what data you keep and where you store it, but also reduce storage and maintenance costs.
We recover from all backup tape media...
|LTO||DLT, SuperDLT (sDLT), DLT s4||4 mm DDS, DAT|
|SLR||1/2" Open Reel||AIT, S-AIT|
|QIC||8 mm Tape Cartridges - Mammoth, M2, VXA||And more...|
Tape management services
We can help you take control of your legacy data
Find out if your data is physically accessible with the Ontrack tape audit service. We can also provide visibility on what has been stored past its retention period.
Whether you're switching IT service provider or found that your tape formats are no longer supported, Ontrack can help migrate your tape data to an alternative format.
Organising archive tape data can often seem like a daunting task. Let us catalogue your legacy data efficiently and make it easier for you to manage.
Ontrack can help you quickly retrieve granular information from your tape archives ensuring you are able to comply with legal and compliance requests.
Tape Services Process Overview
Join over a half million people and businesses who have trusted Ontrack to recover their data.
With 24/7/365 phone support, our data recovery experts will assess your needs and discuss options.
Proof of Concept
Sample tape restoration is provided to validate service expectations.
Client approves the project and tapes are processed according to client requirements.
Data is securely returned via FTP or on encrypted media.
Benefits of leveraging Ontrack's tape services team
IT Department Benefits:
- Reduce expenses associated with managing and storing backup tapes
- Consolidate backup infrastructure, decreasing hardware, software and storage needs
- Improve responsiveness and reduced involvement of IT staff during eDiscovery, internal investigations and regulatory requests orders
- Access to damaged tapes (reformatted, overwritten, broken)
Legal Department Benefits:
- Organization of important data for compliance and regulatory needs, including GDPR
- Decreased eDiscovery, internal investigation and regulatory request costs through smaller, more manageable data volumes
- Faster response time if data retrieval request orders arise
Why choose Ontrack tape services?
Supporting All Types and Formats
Ontrack develops proprietary software for tape restoration and data recovery, meaning that we can ensure your tape data is always accessible, even when the legacy environment is no longer available.
When Time Is of the Essence
IT departments can be faced with cumbersome restorations when responding to time sensitive requests. Depend on Ontrack to quickly recover and produce information on tapes and virtual backup environments.
Data in our possession is secured by the most advanced data security and disaster recovery technology available. Our data centers are ISO/IEC 27001 and SOC Type II certified and GDPR, HIPAA, and CPRA compliant.
Solving Complex Data Challenges
As an integrated KLDiscovery business, Ontrack has a network of professionals with expertise spanning the information governance and eDiscovery spectrum to support the litigation, investigation and compliance needs of our clients.
They don't call us the world leader for nothing. Join over a half million people and businesses who have trusted Ontrack to recover their data.
Get a free consultation
Find out how our tape solutions can help you take back control of your archive data.
Our team will contact you directly to discuss your requirements further.
- How to effectively manage and restore the legacy tape
- Tape-Services: More than just recovering data from legacy tapes
- Tape: the ultimate storage solution?
- The security risks associated with tape storage
- Tape archives: What you don’t know can hurt you
- Company Dark Data on Corporate Tapes
- Tape Storage Regains Its Cool Factor