One iPad's Data Recovery Trip
One of our customers accidentally dropped his iPad from a train, in a remote woodland area. Amazingly, they were able to locate the iPad, but it was severely damaged and all the data was lost.
Our data recovery engineer reviewed the device to evaluate the damage and if a data recovery was possible. He found:
- The digitiser was destroyed, so the iPad did not respond to touch
- The second layer comprised of the LCD (which displays all the content) was ruined
- The chassis, battery and the lightning connector were also damaged
- The iPad was rebooting itself every 2 minutes giving the engineer only few seconds window to perform the recovery between the reboots!
- Fortunately, the motherboard was actually in fairly good condition, facilitating the recovery of the data
After undergoing work by our engineer, we were able to recover 100% of the data.