Your trusted VMware® data recovery provider
Thousands of VMware customers have relied on Ontrack to successfully recover data lost due to accidental deletion, hardware failures, or corrupted virtual environments.
Our global R&D team has developed proprietary recovery techniques and can recover lost or inaccessible data from nearly any virtual machine, server, or system. Our close partnership with VMware support allows us to help customers with even the latest software releases.
Common causes of data loss on virtual storage devices
There are many causes of data loss in a virtualised system. Fortunately, Ontrack has expertise to recover data from almost any situation.
Examples of what we can recover:
- Re-formatted VMware ‘Datastore’
- Corrupted virtual disk files (VMDK)
- Corrupt VMFS Datastore volumes
- Deleted virtual disk files (VMDK)
- Deleted snapshots
- Traditional RAID and hardware failures
- VMware vSphere
- Virtual Volumes (VVols)
- Fusion for Mac
- Workstation Pro
- Corrupted file systems
Contact our VMware recovery specialists
If you’ve experienced a data loss, contact us as soon as possible to get advice from our expert data recovery engineers.
Time can be critical, and the odds for successful data recovery are higher when no previous attempts have been performed. Decades of experience confirm that this is critical for saving your valuable data. Data recovery for VMware systems can be performed through our in lab, remote, and onsite services.
The best recovery option for any type of system, no matter what the data loss situation is. This recovery service is provided in our state of the art data recovery lab and ISO-5/Class 100 cleanroom environment to ensure the safety of your data.
Your data is recovered remotely without your media ever leaving your premises. We connect to your system via the Internet to perform a live recovery. Only available when the system is still operational and not physically damaged.
If your system cannot leave your premises, our engineers can bring their recovery expertise to you. This option is only available for an emergency service. For onsite data recovery, the system must be operational.
Virtual machine data recovery FAQs
Service level options
Need your data back quickly? We can help with our range of data recovery service levels.
StandardAverage of 7 business days
ExpressAverage of 3 business days
EmergencyAverage of 24 hours
Our initial consultation is always free. We work closely with our customers to provide an overview of our recommended course of action, the outlook for success, timing, and costs involved. Customers are never charged until they approve a documented path forward for their data recovery job. Estimates for evaluations and recovery can vary depending on customer urgency, device type, capacity, number of files, transfer speeds, and complexity of the data loss situation.
We’ll collect your device and perform an evaluation, free of charge
To begin, start by clicking on the type of media from which you need data recovered. The evaluation time for single hard drives (HDD and SSD), mobile phones and tablets is four hours*, and within 24 hours for RAID systems*.
- Data recovery for mobile phones starts from £300 + VAT
- Data recovery for single hard drives starts from £399 + VAT
- A free evaluation may not be possible for deleted data/formatted media
*These are typical time frames and apply within normal business hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). For an out of hours, emergency service, or if you need further assistance, please contact us on +44 (0)1372 741 999.
- How to protect your virtual environment from data loss
- Causes of virtual system data loss
- How to recover data from a virtualised system
- The benefits of using virtualisation
- Six things to consider when choosing a hypervisor
- Data loss: An unfortunate reality
- Protecting business-critical data in a virtual world
- Data recovery from virtual machines
- Virtual reality: The unique set of challenges virtualization presents
- An Unfortunate Reality for Virtualized Systems