Data recovery services for desktops
Our hardware, software and system engineers, along with dedicated customer service and data recovery specialists, provide manufacturer recommended recovery services for desktops.
We offer multiple data recovery service options for recovering lost or inaccessible data from desktops, including:
- Any operating system
- Any make, model or brand
- Any generation of drives from oldest to the very latest
- All causes of data loss - from simple to the most complex and catastrophic data loss situations, including forgotten or lost passwords, viruses, natural disasters, accidental deletion, system crashes, corruption, hardware failure and more
We can recover from any type of data loss
- Power surges
- Knocks, drops
- Power failure
- Liquid damage
- Fires, floods...
- Software bugs and errors
- Power failure
- File system damage
- Data overwriting...
- Accidental deletion of files
- System reinstall
- Partition deleted
- Accidental reformatting
- Overwriting files...
Signs of desktop failure
If your desktop starts to make grinding or clicking noises, or it becomes unresponsive, follow the below tips:
- Turn off computer immediately - further operation may damage data beyond repair
- Do not restart computer
- Do not install or reinstall any software
- Do not shake, disassemble, remove or attempt to clean a suspected damaged hard drive - improper handling may cause more damage
- Do not use file recovery or other utility software to attempt repair for a damaged or failed drive
- Do not attempt to dry a wet computer
- Never attempt to operate any visibly damaged devices
- Contact the specialists at Ontrack immediately
Following these tips will increase the likelihood of success for your desktop recovery.
The data recovery process
From initial consultation to ongoing support, we help businesses and consumers in any data loss situation – from simple to the most complex and catastrophic.
When business or personal data is lost, we understand that it can be a very frustrating and stressful time. That's why our data recovery process is straightforward and transparent, and we'll keep you up to date every step of the way.
Start recovering your data!
Contact our team of experts. Ontrack accommodates everyone – from the largest government or enterprise organisation to an individual who may have lost their digital photos and everyone in between.
DIY data recovery
If your storage device is working properly and without signs of physical damage, DIY data recovery can be an option. Formatted drive? Deleted files? Software failure? Try our 'best in class' data recovery software.
We'll collect your device and perform an evaluation, free of charge.
Data recovery for single drives and smartphones starts from £478.80 (inclusive of VAT). The final price will be determined at the end of the evaluation, according to the complexity of the work involved and the urgency required.
To begin, start by clicking on the type of media from which you need data recovered. The evaluation time for single hard drives (HDD and SSD) is four hours*, and within 24 hours for RAID systems*. Other media, such as mobile phones do not require an evaluation to provide an accurate quotation.
*These are typical time frames and apply within normal business hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). For an out of hours, emergency service, or for further assistance, please contact us on +44 (0)1372 741999.