Take control of your tape library.
Organising archive tape data can seem like a daunting task. Let us catalogue your legacy data efficiently and make it easier for you to manage.
Any tape type, any condition
Our team of experts can help you take control of your tape library.
We use proprietary tools that allow us to read and recover from any tape type, no matter how they were originally backed up or if you no longer have the original infrastructure.
Even if your tapes are damaged, undetected by a drive or you have a bespoke or outdated backup system; we’ve got a dedicated R&D team on standby to build custom solutions for any situation.
All of our tape catalogue projects are tailored to your exact requirements, but a basic solution usually includes:
- Detailed data integrity and inconsistency reports
- Support for all tape and media formats
- Media health and degradation check
- A dedicated and experienced Project Manager to guide you through the process
Tape cataloguing services
We can help you catalogue your tape data and provide different services to suit your business requirements.
Cataloguing your archive data
Ontrack's services include indexing, searching, and cataloguing data stored on backup and archive tapes outside of your production environment. A time consuming restoration of the tapes with the original backup software is not necessary; every file on every tape is read and catalogued, without having to back it up. You will receive precise lists showing exactly what data is on what tape(s).
Ontrack's indexing and cataloguing services are an efficient way to create a complete overview of your long term tape archives, while significantly improving the quality and cost structure of your data storage.
Content catalogue and copy for audits
Once completed, your catalogue can be downloaded as a text file via a secure FTP server. This means you will have a copy ready in case of an audit or when data must be restored for legal or compliance purposes.
Ontrack's indexing and cataloguing services include:
- Creation of an electronic catalogue of all stored data per volume
- Search for specific data in files, emails or other databases
- Full text or meta text indexing of unstructured data and emails (from Exchange, Lotus Notes or other platforms)
- Support for all popular tape and media formats such as LTO or DLT as well as all tape libraries
- Tape testing for age, expiration date, contamination and identification of inconsistencies
Trust the tape experts
Ontrack can help you with any tape project, no matter how complex.
- World leading data management services and software since 1985
- International coverage with 33 office locations for multi-site / jurisdiction cases
- 24/7/365 availability
- Over 30 years of technical experience and R&D capabilities to solve even the most challenging tape situations
- Proprietary software tools that work independently of backup infrastructure/software
- Strict security policies with chain of custody if required
- Twice awarded by the US Department of Defence for outstanding security participation
Join over a half million people and businesses who have trusted Ontrack to recover their data.
Get a free consultation
Find out how our tape solutions can help you take back control of your archive data.
Our team will contact you directly to discuss your requirements further.