What is a Windows Storage Server?
Windows Storage Server is based on Windows Server operating system, and is available exclusively through Microsoft’s OEM partners with storage appliances. It is optimized for use with network-attached storage devices and gives you a platform to build storage appliances which are customized for your hardware. There are two different versions: as a workgroup and as a standard license. The two differ in the number of CPUs, the amount of RAM, the connected drives, and the simultaneous SMB connections.
Quick answers for Windows Storage Server data loss
Our engineers have over 20 years of experience in Windows Server and storage recovery. On our initial free phone consultation we will work with you to determine the best and fastest solution for your data loss. Whether you need cleanroom, laboratory or even remote data recovery, we have a remedy for your server data loss
- Recover lost data from servers and file servers
- Windows Storage Server recovery
- Recovery of virtual (HyperV) data from the Windows Storage Server
- Customized data recoveries using our proprietary tools
- 24-hour emergency service, free consultation
- Diagnose the cause of data loss and identify possible error points
- Remote Data Recovery (RDR)
Call us 800.872.2599 Request data recovery
How data is lost on Windows Storage Servers
Each Windows Storage Server data loss is unique, but there are certain scenarios which appear regularly:
- Parallel operation of RAID, Windows Storage Spaces and virtual disks adds complexity to a data recovery: e.g. A drive exchange (prompted by a failure) in the RAID leads to an incomplete rebuild causing the virtual drives contained in the storage pool of Windows Storage Spaces to be inaccessible.
- Incorrect setup of the Windows Storage Server failover without additional RAID level protection
- Deduplication in conjunction with active virtual machines and disks, despite the warning from Microsoft.
- Extensive exhaustion of all technological features, such as the combination and nesting of Windows Storage Spaces with HyperV and compressed fileservers contained therein.
All typical sources of error on NAS/SAN such as human error, overheating, power outages, defective drives (see NAS Data Recovery) can lead to data loss.
Tips for data loss in the Windows Storage Server system
- In case of hardware damage, NEVER perform software solutions for RAID recovery
- NEVER rebuild the original system
- Check the quality of a backup before using it
- NEVER restore a backup to the same location as the original data
Windows Storage Server data recovery for leading manufacturers such as:
If you need a fast recovery, we offer 24-hour service
We understand data can be very time-sensitive and offer different service levels to meet our customer’s needs.
Highest priority for time-critical data loss cases. Our experts work around the clock to restore your data.
2-5 business days
Fast service for business-critical data. The recovery will start immediately and our experts will work from 8am to 5pm, Monday-Friday until it is completed.
5-7 business days
Professional recovery of your NAS device at our normal business hours (8am to 5pm, Monday-Friday).
Time is an important factor
When it comes to business critical data, a Windows Storage Server system failure can cause huge financial damage. Our experts always check the possibility of an Ontrack Remote Data Recovery (RDR), our fastest method of recovery. With this proprietary technology, the data is restored directly onto your server via a secure internet connection. With RDR, there is no need to dismantle the NAS server and no shipping necessary. All you need is an internet connection.
Your recognition means more to us than any award!
We could not say better. EKomi, the independent evaluation platform, regularly collects the feedback from our customers. "Great service - personal support - great communication - always recommendable."