Tape archive restore requests are often urgent – we’re ready to act fast
Sometimes when you need tape archives restored, you don’t have time to wait for your busy IT department. We restore and repair data from backup tapes, no matter how tight the deadline.
Ontrack has the ability to restore and repair data from corrupted, broken and inaccessible backup tapes. We can help you alleviate common tape restoration headaches and meet even the strictest of deadlines.
Looking for a specific item? Our granular search capabilities enable you to restore exactly the data you need to the format of your choice.
No matter how short the timeframe, we can help you. We can work 24/7/365 to restore your data so you can meet even the tightest of deadlines.
Any Media Type
We can recover from any type of storage media, regardless of the backup system that was originally used to store the data.
We can prepare the extracted data, such as email, to formats ready for import into your cloud environment.
How tape restoration works.
We use a project-based approach tailored to your exact requirements. A usual tape restoration project can include:
- Restoring data from a tape backup
- Recovery of inaccessible data
- Replication and de-duplication
- Catalog and indexing report for future data mapping
- Development of custom software and tools
- Conversion of your legacy media in a secure, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Accurate bit-for-bit copy of the source data, supplied back to you in the required format
All of these steps are flexible and can be adjusted to suit your needs, particularly when the delivery deadlines for data restores are very tight.
Join over a half million people and businesses who have trusted Ontrack to recover their data.
Any tape format.
From reel-to-reel to the latest LTO tapes, we can cater for any type of magnetic storage, no matter how new or old the technology is.
Even if your media is damaged, our engineers can help using proprietary tape recovery techniques. Here are just some of the tape formats we support, in any generation. Can’t see yours? Don’t worry, we can still help you.
|3500 MP Series||5 to 700 GB|
AIT Series | SAIT Series
|8mm (AIT)||35 to 500 GB|
|Oracle (formerly StorageTek)|
9800 Series | 10000 Series
|40 to 1,000 GB|
DLT Series | SDLT Series
|80 to 800 GB|
DAT Series | LTO Series
SLR Series | VXA Series
|4mm, 8mm (MP)|
Ultrium (generation 1-5)
|38 to 6000 GB|
|Quantum, HP, Sony|
DDS Series | DAT Series
|DDS 4 mm||20 to 40 GB|
|IBM, HP, Quantum, Sony|
|Ultrium (generation 1-8)||200 to 30000 GB|
Any backup system.
Our expertise doesn’t end with tape; we also provide additional services to assist with the migration of backup systems:
|ARCserve®||Veritas NetBackup™||Veritas Backup Exec™||Microsoft® Backup|
|Catalogic® DPX™||Retrospect®||CommVault®||Data Protector|
If you don’t see your backup software here we can still assist you.
Total data security.
We’re trusted by thousands of organizations every year with even the most sensitive data. We can provide you with:
- Full chain of custody
- Strict security protocols
- Data returned on encrypted media
- Secure courier service
- Disposal of end-of-life media to government standards
Ensure your legacy tapes are accessible
Many companies have backup tapes that haven’t been accessed for many years. As a result, many IT teams don’t even know what’s on the tapes and don’t have the hardware they need to access them.
This can cause significant problems if legacy data needs to be accessed quickly, for legal or other business reasons.
To avoid this situation occurring, it’s advisable to:
- Make sure you have access to the hardware and software you need to access the tapes, for as long as the data will be saved for
- Migrate old legacy tapes to newer backup or tape formats
- Use a managed data service to transfer and store the tapes, and restore the data whenever needed.
Our team of US tape restoration and data retrieval experts can restore the data you need, from any type of storage media, even if you’re working to a tight deadline. We can also migrate it to the cloud for easy access in the future.
How it Works
Our tape services consist of four main steps that make managing your archive data a straightforward task.
Why work with Ontrack?
- World-leading data management services and software since 1985
- International coverage with 33 office locations for multi-site / jurisdiction cases
- 24/7/365 availability
- Over 30 years of technical experience and R&D capability to solve even the most challenging tape situations
- Proprietary software tools that work independently of backup infrastructure/software
- Strict security policies with chain of custody if required Q Security compliant - twice awarded by the US Department of Defense for outstanding security participation
Get a tape services quote
Contact our team of experts. Ontrack accommodates everyone – from the largest government or enterprise organization to an individual.