Tape restoration services for any tape format
Modern IT departments are busy. When an urgent archive restore request comes in, the pressure can start mounting to turn it around quickly. We can help you alleviate common tape restoration headaches and meet even the strictest of deadlines.
Ontrack has the ability to restore and repair data from corrupted, broken and inaccessible backup tapes. We can help you alleviate common tape restoration headaches and meet even the strictest of deadlines.
Looking for a specific item? Our granular search capabilities enable you to restore exactly the data you need to the format of your choice.
No matter how short the timeframe, we can help you. We can work 24/7/365 to restore your data so you can meet even the tightest of deadlines.
Any Media Type
We can recover from any type of storage media, regardless of the backup system that was originally used to store the data.
We can prepare the extracted data, such as email, to formats ready for import into your cloud environment.
How tape restoration works.
We use a project-based approach tailored to your exact requirements. A usual tape restoration project can include:
- Restoring data from a tape backup
- Recovery of inaccessible data
- Replication and de-duplication
- Catalog and indexing report for future data mapping
- Development of custom software and tools
- Conversion of your legacy media in a secure, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Accurate bit-for-bit copy of the source data, supplied back to you in the required format
All of these steps are flexible and can be adjusted to suit your needs, particularly when the delivery deadlines for data restores are very tight.
Any tape format.
From reel-to-reel to the latest LTO tapes, we can cater for any type of magnetic storage, no matter how new or old the technology is.
Even if your media is damaged, our engineers can help using proprietary tape recovery techniques. Here are just some of the tape formats we support, in any generation. Can’t see yours? Don’t worry, we can still help you.
|3500 MP Series||5 to 700 GB|
AIT Series | SAIT Series
|8mm (AIT)||35 to 500 GB|
|Oracle (formerly StorageTek)|
9800 Series | 10000 Series
|40 to 1,000 GB|
DLT Series | SDLT Series
|80 to 800 GB|
DAT Series | LTO Series
SLR Series | VXA Series
|4mm, 8mm (MP)|
Ultrium (generation 1-5)
|38 to 6000 GB|
|Quantum, HP, Sony|
DDS Series | DAT Series
|DDS 4 mm||20 to 40 GB|
|IBM, HP, Quantum, Sony|
|Ultrium (generation 1-8)||200 to 30000 GB|
Any backup system.
Our expertise doesn’t end with tape; we also provide additional services to assist with the migration of backup systems:
|ARCserve®||Veritas NetBackup™||Veritas Backup Exec™||Microsoft® Backup|
|Catalogic® DPX™||Retrospect®||CommVault®||Data Protector|
If you don’t see your backup software here we can still assist you.
Total data security.
We’re trusted by thousands of organizations every year with even the most sensitive data. We can provide you with:
- Full chain of custody
- Strict security protocols
- Data returned on encrypted media
- Secure courier service
- Disposal of end-of-life media to government standards
How it Works
Our tape services consist of four main steps that make managing your archive data a straightforward task.
Why work with Ontrack?
- World-leading data management services and software since 1985
- International coverage with 33 office locations for multi-site / jurisdiction cases
- 24/7/365 availability
- Over 30 years of technical experience and R&D capability to solve even the most challenging tape situations
- Proprietary software tools that work independently of backup infrastructure/software
- Strict security policies with chain of custody if required Q Security compliant - twice awarded by the US Department of Defense for outstanding security participation
Get a tape services quote
Contact our team of experts. Ontrack accommodates everyone – from the largest government or enterprise organization to an individual.